Health & Safety
Management Systems OHSAS 18001
- Development and implementation of Health and Safety Management Systems to OHSAS 18001 standard;
- Online content Management Systems that allows you to effectively manage your OHSAS 18001 requirements from the start of this process;
- Systems surveillance auditing aimed at determining the extent of compliance to relevant system requirements.
Legal Compliance Auditing
- Health and safety legal compliance auditing aimed at determining your compliance with national, provincial and local legislation;
- Construction auditing.
Online Legislation Registers
- Online legislation registers containing summaries of applicable national, provincial and local authority health and safety legislation which can be linked to your health and safety risks and hazards ;
- Online access to all relevant health and safety legislation;
- Legislation updating service to keep you abreast of changes to national, provincial and local authority law and regulations. Legislation registers are updated to reflect consolidated versions of the legislation. In general, the information on the Registers will be updated monthly by means of “Monthly Update Reports” which will detail any actual or proposed changes to the legislation as well as “Urgent Update Reports” which will be dispatched if and when required.
Hazard Identification and Risk Assessments
- Compiling site specific Hazard Identification and Risk Assessments (HIRA) including the identification of site and process specific legislation;
- Internal training on the methodology used to develop HIRAs.
- Provide legal opinions on a variety of health and safety issues.
Health and Safety Site Management (including but not limited to)
- Preparing health and safety strategies and assisting to develop internal policy;
- Carrying out risk assessments and considering how risks could be reduced;
- Outlining and assistance with safe operational procedures which identify and take account of all relevant hazards;
- Carrying out regular site inspections to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented;
- Leading in-house training with managers and employees about health and safety issues and risks;
- Assisting with the keeping records of inspections findings and producing reports that suggest improvements;
- Keeping records of incidents and accidents and producing statistics for managers;
- Keeping up to date with new legislation and maintaining a working knowledge of all Health and Safety Executive (HSE) legislation and any developments that affect your industry;
- Producing management reports, newsletters and bulletins;
- Supervising the safe installation of equipment;
- Managing and organising the safe disposal of hazardous substances, e.g. asbestos;
- Advising on a range of specialist areas, e.g. fire regulations, hazardous substances, noise, safeguarding machinery and occupational diseases;
- Reviewing, compiling, analysing and interpreting data from accident and loss event reports and other sources regarding injuries, illnesses, property damage, environmental effects or public impacts;
- Initiate investigations;
- Providing advice and counsel about compliance with safety, health and environmental laws, codes, regulations and standards;
- Legal compliance auditing and conducting research studies of existing or potential safety and health problems and issues;
- Determining the need for surveys and appraisals that help identify conditions or practices affecting safety and health, including those which require the services of specialists, such as physicians, health physicists, industrial hygienists, fire protection engineers, design and process engineers, ergonomists, risk managers, environmental professionals, psychologists and others.